With the time MySQL as database getting better in terms of High performance , scalability and security.
MySQL 5.7 new features : http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysql-nutshell.html
As a MySQL user my favorites are from above list:
- New options for replication :
Changing replication filters online including and excluding table/db and enabling GTID transaction online.
- InnoDB related changes:
Online buffer pool resize and many defaults are changed to more secure and optimized values.
- Security features :
Improved User authentication like default users, SSL and data encryption with key capabilities in order to secure overall database.
- Monitoring and analysis statistics :
Improved performance schema for live transactions analysis which we can not mostly find out with SHOW PROCESSLIST command or Be Using INFORMATION_SCHEMA database tables.
- All in this very important is “Setting configuration variables dynamically while a server is running.This change will save many downtimes or mysqld service restarts.
New optimizer changes will be the one doing magic inside for Query performance.
Something New :
- Multi-source replication
- Innodb tablespace encryption using key
- MySQL x-protocol and Document store using JSON datatype capabilities.
- Optimized and secure defaults settings for initial MySQL database setup.
I believe these are the most imported MySQL database areas used by MySQL user in the production environment.
How many of you using mysql-5.7 in production or planning for implementation in future? Please share your experience with it.